Today's Verse

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Picture Praises

We are back! It's good to be back in my own bed again after our trip South. Dave posted about the trip on his ministry blog. If you want to read more about it, you can here.

One thing I've been thinking about that I want to add to my blog is "picture praises." I am by no means a professional photographer. I have a small point and shoot Canon PowerShot Elph. There are many times though when I see something that just makes me smile. Some blessing that God has brought along that I'd like to share with you. So, we'll start!

Although we are still participating in winter weather around here, I am very thankful for the many good gifts that the Lord sees fit to bless us with. He has promised to meet our needs, and I am very thankful that He continues to do just that. I am also so thankful for the ways that He gives us more than what we need. Like that cup of hot chocolate covered with melting mini-marshmallows that you see there in the picture. Just this last week I saw the Lord answer a very specific prayer request that I had. He answered it, not because it was a life or death situation of absolute need. He answered seemingly because He is simply pleased as a Father to give good gifts. Matthew 7:7-11 tells of the generosity of our loving Father. Verse 11 states, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" I hope you praise the Lord with me today for all the good gifts that He gives us above and beyond our need.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I read about your hot chocolate this morning and then had to fix myself a cup. =) Thanks for the reminder about thanking God for the many things He gives us. It always amazes me when He allows us to have a "want" and not just a need. I feel pretty loved when that happens. =)

    By the way, I now will have to tell everyone that I have a famous sister-in-law! Did you know you would be in the Sonlight catalog? I was flipping through and I was like, "Wait a minute! I know those faces!!" Very cool. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's love and generosity is amazing, and no, I had no idea we were in the catalog. As soon as I read your comment I had to grab my catalog (which I'd just gotten and it was still on the couch beside me) and flip through it. Sonlight has started a catalog cover photo contest with good prizes. We decided to enter. Although our picture didn't get on the cover, at least they thought the picture was good enough to use in the catalog. Maybe you'll have to enter this year. :)

    ReplyDelete