Today's Verse

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hospitality chart

Now, I can't see that I can make a table in this blogger document, but I found a chart on hospitality in my Women's Study Bible that I thought would be worth passing along. The comparison is between Hospitality and Entertainment. I will give you the lists and know that number one in the first list will compare with number 1 in the second list.

Christian Hospitality
  1. Provides a safe place (Proverbs 31:21)
  2. Seeks to serve others (1 Peter 4:8-10)
  3. Puts people before things (Matthew 10:42)
  4. Makes what is mine yours (Acts 2:44)
  5. Takes no thought for whatever reward or compensation is in it for me (Matthew 6:1-4)
  6. Frames itself according to God's Word (Matthew 5:43-48)
  7. Offers freedom that liberates, enabling you to exercise your gifts and creativity to the fullest (Romans 8:2)
Worldly Entertaining
  1. Opens a show place
  2. Wants to impress others
  3. Elevates things above people
  4. Claims all as mine and admires it
  5. Expects something in return (praise and reciprocation)
  6. Models itself after the world (television, neighbors, magazines, etc.)
  7. Becomes a taskmater that enslaves, requiring you to meet the expectations of others
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment